How to Start a Pressure/Power Washing Business
Pressure washing businesses make money doing jobs for both homeowners and businesses.
People typically hire pressure washers to clean driveways, fences, decks, vinyl siding, boats, patios, parking
lots, drive-thrus, sidewalks, gas stations and more. Not only are there lots of ways to make money, one
cleaning job can turn into a repeat customer.Starting a Power/Pressure Washing
1. Apply for a business license at your city hall. Some cities will also require a pressure
cleaning business to obtain environmental licensing or permits as well as be bonded. Requirements vary by
location, so you want to check with your city. You may also be required to have liability insurance. You can
get free business insurance quotes and information online.
2. Register your business name with your county clerk.
together your business plan. Downloadable software makes this task easy. This workbook guides you
step-by-step through the planning process, including:
- Cover Sheet
- Executive Summary
- Company Description
- Products & Services
- Start-Up Cost
- Marketing Plan
- Sales Forecast
- Operational Plan
- Management and Organization
- Financial Plan (with profit-loss statement, projected cash flow, balance sheet and breakeven
4. Set up a business bank account to keep personal and business finances separate. Invest in
software to keep your income and expenses in order. You can also use simple invoice software to professionally bill clients, track
payments and keep records of all past transactions.
5. Power washing equipment and supplies you'll need:
- Pressure washer
- Water hoses and high pressure hoses
- Tips, turbo nozzle and surface cleaner
- Truck or van
6. Get a business phone line. This is often the first impression you make on customers, and you
don't want them calling your home phone line. You may be surprised to find out how cheap it can be to set up
a toll-free phone number, a multi-line phone system, VoIP or add an additional phone number to your existing
7. Order business cards. Professionalize your image and advertise your
business at the same time. Include information on your cards about benefits you provide to your
customers. Design Your Own Business Cards. Need a logo? Save money by
using logo design tools that help you design a professional logo yourself.
Experts Nick Camp and Foster Cannon know how to start a successful power washing business. Their quick-start
guide shows you exactly what you need to start making money - including 100 ways to increase your profits.
- Get complete power washing
business start-up and operating instructions. Plus - discover the strategies to power washing any
surface quickly and properly.
- How to price your products and service for maximum profit and get sub contractors to do some of the
work for you.
- All about the power washing equipment that's best for your business and which business regulations you
need to know about.
- Examples of flyers, checklists and forms that you can use, plus how to use coupons to easily increase
your income and over 100 ways to grow your business...
Power Washing Business Start-Up
Finding Customers for Your Pressure Washing Business
Start by networking with people in your area. Join business organizations like the Chamber
of Commerce and participate in local community events. When people first meet, they generally ask what the
other person does for work. This is a great way to get the word out, and if people see you as a friend rather
than a pushy saleperson, they are more likely to either use your services or refer you to others when they
need pressure cleaning services.
Use a custom car door magnet to advertise your
Set up a simple website for under $50/year to advertise your pressure washing
services. Help people find you in the search engines: get listed in 20 search
engines for free or in 300 search engines for $4.
Local Search is becoming more and more
popular. People are many times using online search instead of the traditional yellow pages to find local
businesses. Local Search sources that are affordable and receive substantial traffic include: Google Local,
Yelp, Super Pages and Insider Pages.
Offer coupons in neighborhood mailers or local newspapers to locate new customers. Mailing
services can design coupons for you, or you can design your own with online coupon creators.
Pressure Washing Business Resources: