Food Safety Training and Certification

Man slicing vegetables in kitchenAre you thinking about starting a food-related business where you serve prepared food to customers – like catering, operating a food truck, a bed and breakfast, a bakery, a cake decorating business or becoming a personal chef?

Most likely you will need food safety certification, as many states require it.

Learn2Serve is an approved training provider for food handling and safety programs, and you can use their website to find courses in all 50 states. Most courses take between 4 to 16 hours to complete and cost from $50 to $150.

In addition to training programs, they also provide state-by-state information on certification requirements. Some states require food handlers be certified and that certification be renewed every 3 to 5 years. Some states do not require certification at all. It’s important to check.

Courses include:

  • Food Safety Training
  • Food Handler Training
  • Alcohol Seller Certification
  • HACCP Food Safety
  • TABC Certification
  • Food Protection Manager Certification and more
  • Food Safety Training & Certification This course prepares students for the nationally accredited ANSI-CFP* certification exam (nationally accredited).

*American National Standards Institute (ANSI) & Conference for Food Protection (CFP)