Whether you are opening your own bakery, cake decorating or cupcake business, there are certain supplies and equipment you will need for baking and product packaging.
It’s a good idea to save money where you can without sacrificing quality, so buy items at wholesale when you can and used bakery equipment if you find something in good shape.
We have put together an easy checklist below of commonly needed items and resources of where you can get them at discounted wholesale prices. Keep in mind that some items on the checklist do not apply to all businesses (ie. display cases if you run your business from home or cupcake packaging if you don’t back cupcakes).
BAKERY EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST
- Work Table
- Proof Box
- Baking Sheets & Racks
- Baking Supplies & Utensils (ie. pans, pastry cutters, servers, bowls, stands, pastry brushes, markers, rolling pins, sifters, scrapers, knives, spatulas, timers, mitts)
- Cake Decorating Tools & Supplies (ie. icing smoother, pastry bags, decorating tips, flower nails, fondant smoother, ribbon cutter, airbrush cake decorating system, food coloring, rotating cake stand, cake lifter)
- Donut Fryer, Cutters & Glazers
- Donut Hole Maker (for cake pops)
- Bakery Boxes & Packaging (ie. pink cake boxes, dessert window boxes, gift boxes, cake push-up tubes, cake carrier, cake pop sticks, cake pop stands, packaging paper)
- Cupcake Supplies (ie. cupcake batter dispenser, cupcake tray, stencil set, cupcake core plunger, pastry bags, muffin plan cleaning brush)
- Cupcake Packaging & Display (ie. cupcake liners, cupcake wrappers, cupcake boxes, cupcake tree, display stands)
- Display Cases
- Cleaning and Sanitization Supplies
- Cash Register
Bakery Supply Resources:
Mission Restaurant Supply
Mission Restaurant Supply sells all sorts of bakery supplies and cooking equipment – from commercial refrigerators, dishwashers and fryers to restaurant furniture to spatulas, pastry brushes and servers. They offer competitive pricing along with quality products, and their salespeople are well-educated, so they can help new bakery owners get what they need without spending too much money.
You can shop online via their website and even request an estimate for orders where you have certain requirements you need to meet. For additional savings, they have a “On Sale” section and offer special coupon codes at the bottom of their website.
KitchenKrafts carries lots of stuff for baking, decorating and packaging – including cupcakes and cake pops. They carry hard-to-find cooking supplies, ingredients and also how-to books on decorating.
These guys have the traditional pink cake boxes plus cake pads, cupcake boxes, candy boxes, bags, jars, tubes and more. They offer discounted shipping and guarantee the lowest prices on items. More packaging options.
The Bakers Kitchen wholesale candy making supplies.
Creative Gift Packaging wholesale packaging supplies for candy businesses